The dreaded potty training has begun! This has been one of those milestone's I've thought about since Jack was born, and have not been looking forward too. With that said, I'm very pleased to say it has gone VERY well!!! This is a picture of day one and Jack did such a great job. He went pee pee in the potty five times and of those five he even told me he had to go three of those times. I'm so proud of him.
We made him a Potty Chart, he gets to put a sticker on a square each time he goes and he gets one skittle. Going poop was a bit harder. He wasn't having anything to do with it. So after a couple of weeks of him crying and me crying, I decided that kids are visual and me telling him he'd get some big surprise wasn't going to cut it... he needed to SEE it. SO I became the Potty Fairy and bought a bunch of little $1 toys and would put one in the bathroom each day and tell him, when he'd go poop in the potty, he'd get one.... it WORKED!
After he goes he will say, "Yay for Jack!" Reese always runs in and starts to clap for him. :)

Day One! Holding his chart. Proud Jack and Proud Mama.
Elmo stickers were for going poop.

1 comments:
That's a great idea! Love the Elmo stickers!!! I'd go poop for them, too!
Post a Comment