September 25, 2008

What's on that LSAT test?

"So... what is on the LSAT test?"


I have a lot of people that have asked me that question, so I thought it would be fun to post an actual LSAT question to show everyone and see what people think.


If you can answer this question correctly and quickly (around 1 and 1/2 minutes to 2 minutes) maybe you should consider law school! Just try!

----------------------


1.) Any writer whose purpose is personal expression sometimes uses words ambiguously. Every poet's purpose is personal expression. Thus no poetry reader's enjoyment depends on attaining a precise understanding of what the poet means.


The conclusions can be properly inferred if which one of the following is assumed?


(A) Writers who sometimes use words ambiguously have no readers who try to attain a precise understanding of what the writer means.


(B) Writes whose purpose is personal expression are unconcerned with whether anyone enjoys reading their works.


(C) No writer who ever uses words ambiguously has any reader whose enjoyment depends on attaining a precise understanding of what the writer means.


(D) Most writes whose readers' enjoyment does not depend on attaining a precise understanding of the writers' words are poets.


(E) Readers who have a precise understanding of what a writer has written derive their enjoyment from that understanding.


Any answers?? Anyone?

16 comments:

Fun Fantastic Family said...

Wow, that just screams out fun to me. I would definitely have to go with a round of enny menny mino moe.:)Jay thinks he knows.

Trevor-Jessica Summerhays said...

Wow, I remember studying for the LSAT. It sucks! You never truly realize how mind numbing it is until you actually start studying for the exam!!! I am guessing that the answer is A... but I am probably wrong :) Good luck on the test next weekend!!! -Jessica

Anonymous said...

It actually gets much better. Like my first torts exam, in which the Professor seemingly took all of the questions from the footnotes of my case book. When I gave him my exam, face white and certain that I failed, he told me to "expect the worse."

Then there is the bar exam. After studying non-stop for almost three months, I still had to guess on half of the questions, and have no idea how I passed.

Good luck!!

John, Amanda and Clara said...

Hmm....got bored about have way through option A.....plus Clara started to cry! Good luck! We know you can do it!

eddie said...

I vote for D. hey look on the bright side, at least you can pronounce the words in the questions, (eg, at what stage in chorionic development can you find syncytiotrophoblast?) say it don't spray it.

Doug & Angie Gray said...

You have got to be kidding me. Good Luck with that.

SHELBYand LANDON said...

Ill i gotta say is GOOD LUCK Jas! Ill props to you!!

Matt Miller said...

Ooh..I took 65 seconds and came up with C, but nobody else guessed that so it's probably wrong. I did have to stop, start over and really focus...good times. Good luck. Hours of that kind of stuff will start to be physically painful after a while. We will pray for you and we're proud of you!! SalleeAnn

Fun Fantastic Family said...

Man, the LSAT sucks so bad. Despite what Jared "Legal Eagle" says, law school is much more fun than the LSAT. Especially Torts... you get to read about cases involving people's utmost stupidity... studying cases is MUCH better than 'studying' for the LSAT... as if that is even possible.

Anyway, come join me here at the U. Nothing like spending seven years at the same school. But at least tuition will be cheap (if you want to call 13 grand a year cheap).

Jay

Matt Miller said...

Matt had fun with this question, too. I think I must have miscalculated how long it took me, though. When are you going to send me some more questions? Maybe the LSAT could become a hobby. ha ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Or you could come out here with us. But latest tuition at American is 38K/year....8 thousand more then how much I paid only five years ago. And they only like prestigious elite Democrats like Jay out here too.

Trevor-Jessica Summerhays said...

You know... the U and American seem like great law schools but I have to argue that my law school is the best... Seattle University rocks! You have to apply up here too! -your favorite sis, Jess :)

ed and brooke said...

So, the baby is right around the corner! I bet you two are getting so anxious... or atleast laura is. We miss you both!

John, Amanda and Clara said...

Hopefully Laura you see this.....tag, check out my blog!

Fun Fantastic Family said...

From now on, please address me as the Elite Prestigious Democrat. Seattle U is a good school. My brother went there.

Lindsay B. said...

that makes my brain hurt.

when are we going to go to lunch?!