Reese Josephine Miller
7 pounds 5 ounces
19 1/2 inches long
What a week it has been!!!!!! Sorry this is a LONG one!!
Our beautiful baby girl joined us on Monday, May 24th at 12:44 a.m. I was scheduled to go in for an induction Sunday night (May 23rd), be induced, and then baby would come sometime on Monday. I was worrying all day that the hospital would call and tell us they didn't have room for me. My cousin, Jess, was scheduled to fly in Sunday night at 10:30 p.m. to be there for the delivery the next day. At about 3 p.m. after cleaning, getting ready, and waiting by my phone a strange, but familiar, pain filled my body. About ten minutes later another wave of pain came and I jokingly said to Jason, "Wouldn't it be funny if I was in labor, after all of the rigamarole of getting an induction date, having it get moved twice, and then stressing and stressing about it?" I text Jess to tell her I was having a lot of contractions, but didn't think they were "real" ones, so not to worry. By 5 p.m. the contractions were unbearable! I couldn't talk or breath and all of a sudden I started to panic! What if I was in labor and what if we didn't get to the hospital in time (our hospital was an hour away)! Jason started to get nervous and began franticly packing the car. Our neighbor came over and helped Jason give me a blessing and then we were off! My contractions were now three minutes apart. I couldn't help but laugh as Jason drove 85 miles an hour to the hospital... when we arrived he made me sit in a wheel chair with Jack on my lap. When we got to the nurses station, about ten nurses all looked over at us and smiled. Jason said we thought I might be in labor and you could tell they didn't believe us. My sweet friend Brie came to get Jack and then they took me back into the room. Sure enough I was in labor! No induction needed. The problem now was Jess was coming FOR the birth (we'd moved her flight twice, just hoping it would all work out, so for her to miss it by like an hour would be so sad!). I was so far along by the time we got there that we really didn't think she would make it. Amidst tears of extreme pain, worry, and fear I just prayed everything would work out. Our other life- saver friends; Ed and Brooke, went to pick up Jess from the airport and drove her to the hospital. The nurse was so funny and said just lay really still and hopefully your water won't break. Jess rushed in and 45 minutes later little baby girl Reese was born. It was an amazing experience. I only had to push a handful of times and she was out. The whole process was about 8 hours from beginning to end.... night and day difference from my delivery with Jack.
When I was so, so sick at the beginning of the pregnancy I really wanted to die. It is an overwhelming sick that you can't put into words. It starts to make you crazy. Jason gave me a blessing at this time and it said, "Heavenly Father wants you to know that you are in the midst of your calling as a mother and even though I am experiencing this difficult time I will experience joy beyond what I can imagine." I start to cry every time I think of that, because I couldn't put it any better. The love I felt for Reese was instant and overwhelming. It's just amazing that your love can grow and expand beyond that first child. You don't think there is any way you will love the second baby quite as much... but, then somehow you do. Jason always says this is probably the closest we will ever come to comprehending God's love for all of us. I have no word to express how grateful I feel and how blessed I am to be entrusted with these two beautiful, healthy babies. Welcome to our family litte Reese. We sure love you.
Jason has been AMAZING from the beginning! I really don't know what I did to deserve him!
Bless the epidural!!!!!!
Yay!!!! She made it!!! All the nurses knew we were "trying" to wait for her, so when she got there they all said, "Yay, you made it!!!" I'm so glad she was able to come... bless her heart she is terrified of flying!
Welcome baby girl!
The most wonderful doctor in the whole world...Dr. McKernan. I've never met a man that was so kind and genuinely concerned. I literally prayed for a doctor like him. I switched doctors and went to him at 36 weeks! He didn't even have to come in to deliver her that night, but he did! Jess was so impressed with him she wants to come to him when she has her next baby :).
After nine LONG months... I finally get to hold her.
All clean!
Sooo tiny! I couldn't believe she was only 7 pounds!
Daddy's girl, already. Jason was a little nervous to have a girl... he just stares and stares at her and says, "She's just so sweet."
He calls her his "little Reese Cup"
I love this one of her staring at him.
My Sweet Jack.
Meeting his little sister... he wasn't sure what to think... he kept pointing at her and saying, "Baby".
Getting her going home outfit on.
I thought it would be too small, but it drowned her!
Going home!
The crew!
Happy to be going home... they don't take the babies into the nursery at the hospital I was at, so between feeding her and the nurses checking on you every ten minutes, I got no sleep!
Not a good picture of me... but she looks cute.
Jack holding his little sister for the first time. He got this total phased out look on his face and just got really, really calm. He just held her hand and sat really still. It was at this moment that I realized, my baby is a big brother, woh! He seemed so grown up to me.
Jack pointing at her.
8 comments:
I want to meet Reese so bad! She is so adorable. I love the photos of Jack and Reese, especially the one where he is giving her a kiss. So cute! We love you all ton and miss you guys too, and congratulations again!
Wow, bunny now thats a birth story if Ive ever head one. Omg I still cant believe that everything worked out. It almost made it more fun lol. Bunny she is so Beautiful!!!! Jay says daughters are the best blessing a father can have (ohhh cute). I hope you are adjusting well to being a mommy of two but to me it looks like your a natural. Love you bunny
she's so precious!
i'm so glad you switched doctors and loved the one that delivered, that makes the whole experience..having a great doc..
i can't wait to meet her. she's just so dang cute! love ya guys, and congrats!
chris and nik
These pictures are so sweet. What an adorable family. Good job, mama! We can't wait to meet Reese!
Laura,
Thanks for telling me that you posted. As you can see, as Landon has returned, my blogging has failed miserably. She's beautiful! As I read your sweet words, tears filled my eyes. I can't believe that my little niece's are having babies!! It's the best and I'm so proud of you. Your a great little momma and the joy has just begun!
I'll pray for your sleep!!
Love you all!
T
Congrats! You have such a beautiful little family. She is adorable and I am loving her name!
It was so neat to read all about little Reese's birth. We know it has been a LONG 9 months for you. We are so happy she is here finally safe and sound and things all went smoothly. She is precious and looks so much like Jack. How FUN! We can't wait to meet her and see you guys again. Take care and enjoy your new little bundle! THANK HEAVEN FOR LITTLE GIRLS :)
She is such a doll! I love all the pics and Jack is getting sooo big!
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment