October 28, 2011

SURPRISE!!!

Can I be honest here... Jason is not so great at Birthdays. Great husband, amazing dad, wonderfully motivated... but just doesn't quite know what to do when my birthday comes around. Well the big one, the big 3-0, was approaching and I was already preparing myself to be sorely disappointed in the events and gifts, or lack thereof, that would take place on this day that I was already not looking forward too. Well... that Jason... he sure did shock the pants right off me and put me in my place, because he pulled out all the stops and all the punches and made up for all birthdays past and maybe even one or two in the future. After a few days of pre-birthday grumpiness I came out to the kitchen to see this sitting on the table...


Inside was this...

My jaw just dropped and I started to cry and I was just in total shock that he had done this for me. It was such a wonderful surprise and we had such a fun trip to Utah. The really cool thing was that we were able to celebrate my birthday, Halloween and Jack's birthday while we were there as well.

Elle made this sign for me and put it on their garage door...
I was so happy my Grandma was feeling well enough to come.
Jack and Braxton are buds, he got to see him for a just a little while before he had to go.



Jack and Ely are so funny. They love each other and just hug and giggle.



Elle had all of these party games prepared for the little kids.
My Grandma and Dianne made scones!!!! YUMMY!!!



It is an EXTREMELY rare occasion that I have a picture with my family. I asked my mom if she would just take one with me for my birthday. She is so beautiful, I don't know why she hates it so much.
Jack wanted us to be a pirate family! Arg! So here we all are dressed as pirates.



Trick-or-treating at the mall.



Jack's 3rd birthday party!! We had his party at Jess and Jay's clubhouse. He loves the movie Rio and so we had a Rio-themed party. It was so much fun and turned out so cute.

It finally took the "big boys" to get the candy out of the pinata. Haha



1 comments:

Matt Miller said...

Oh good job, Jason. I'm terrified of 30, but you make it look so glamorous!