November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving & Setting up our tree

Our good friend Sofia's parents invited us to their home for Thanksgiving. We had a great time and it was so nice of them to invite us. I love Thanksgiving foods and I love the leftovers to we had our own Thanksgiving at home a few days later.

Jason entertained while I cooked.
This was our Thanksgiving FHE. We made Thankful Turkey's. I had the kids say things that made them happy... Jack said things like; mom, dad, Reese, his blanket, crayons, his bed, etc. Reese we had to sort of think like she would so we put Mom, Dad, Jack and Food (cause she loves to eat!). Jason decided to make turbans for them with their blankets and they thought that was super cool.

Since I was heading up to Utah early December I wanted the kids and I to be able to enjoy the Christmas tree so we set it up early.
Reese's first ornament was a little porcelain baby wrapped in a pink blanket... Jason helped her put it on the tree.


Several times a day Reese would come up to the tree and point to the ornament and cry and say, "Baby, baby, baby"... I would tell her to go sit on the couch and put both of her hands up and I would place the baby in her hands and she would hold, hug and kiss the little ornament. It was so cute.

1 comments:

Matt Miller said...

So cute! Pretty Christmas tree too. Love the turbans. Nothing says Thanksgiving like Turbans.