Here ya go bunny! Jack taped down in his bumbo (I can't wait until we get this eczema under control) ... it looks cruel but he's actually totally content in here! :)
Thanks so much for everyone's well-wishes and advice! I'm so happy to say that my boy is doing much better!! As you can see it is clearing up A LOT!! We apply aquaphor about 8 times a day and then cortizone twice a day and thank goodness it is working. He is in such a habit of rubbing his face and his head and so we have to put gloves on him but now he rubs the medicine off, onto the gloves, and then into his mouth-- SO we've had to get pretty creative :) We put tape on his swing and bumbo so he can't reach up to his face and we put him in a "swaddler" at night to sleep in (I was inspired to figure out that one)-- it sort of looks like an infant straight-jacket :). I thought he'd hate it but, surprisingly, he has been totally fine with it. Oh... he also had to get his 4-month vaccinations yesterday... poor kid... I just love how sweet his little chunky legs look with the bandaids. Thanks again for all the prayers and help!
Happy Boy!!
My straight-jacket... not so bad!
Restrictions
Poor legs.
11 comments:
I'm so glad to hear he is doing much better. Landon got his 6 month shots last Monday, they are no fun.
Oh So much better. Thankyou! Thankyou! Love you Jack!
Oh he looks so much happier! He is such a cutie pie! I am so glad he is getting better! We love you guys!
I was impressed to see Jack´s face... I know exactly how you feel... long time ago my youngest bro had the same reaccion on his face and skin all over his body... my mom is nurse and also has two more kids before, so, she had all the situation under control. She made like a cream with some herbs and that really helped my bro not to itch himself a lot...
But I am glad to see that he is so much better now... he is a little angel...
He looks so much better! That was so sad, good thing he has an awesome mom and dad to take care of him. Miss you guys.
ahh, he looks so much better. i'm so glad it's going away. what a brave little boy!
surely I know how to make tres leches cake!!! from where did you get the idea of that cake??I think its a latin recipe....
You have to taste the Yogurt cake!!! is ñami... (delicious)...
I can give you the recipe if you want...
Prep Time: approx. 40 min
1 cake medium (24 cm diameter approx.).
1 jar of condensed milk
Evaporated milk 1 jar
9 heaping tablespoons of CREAM (250 g, 1 large jar)
4 cups MILK (800 ml)
2 boxes of instant pastry cream (to prepare 1 liter)
6 clear
1 cup granulated sugar
1 / 2 cup sifted sugar flower
1. the cake Divide into three layers, place the first disk in a removable cast, ideally the same diameter.
2. Mix condensed milk with evaporated milk and the Cream.
3. Prepare the pastry cream dissolved in MILK as indications of the package, and mix well.
4. Thoroughly soak the first disc with the mixture of three milks and covered with a layer of pastry cream. Cover with the second disc and repeat the procedure. Place the third disc part of the cake and soak the rest of the three milks, if necessary, click the cake to absorb better.
5. Make a meringue with the clear and firm gradually add granulated sugar, sugar eventually incorporate flower. Put the cake on a plate, cover and decorate with lots of meringue. you can make cachitos over the meringue
what is cachitos? have you ever seen the reorganized mormon temple? looks like "cachitos" hahahaha).
and that is all...
Second Recipe...Yogurt Cake
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
50 grs. butter
1 / 2 cup milk
preparation of the small cake
beat butter with sugar until is creamy add the egg, put one by one the flour and milk ... the oven must be very hot and cook it for about 20 minutes, the cake should not grow much, that's the idea.
Stuffing
200grs cream
2 yougurts
tasteless jelly
juice powder of the same flavor of yogurts
plus a jelly of the same flavor of the yogurt
preparation
beat the cream with the yogurt until everything is well blended, then add the juice powder, stir everything well. In another bowl, make jelly without flavor with only half of the cup with hot water, dissolve the jelly and stir well until it's warm half, once dissolved it, add it together to the yogurt and cream and continue stirring.
By then the cake should be ready and something important about it don´t take it out of the mold. (that was my mistake the first time ... hahaha) on the cake you add the filling and put it in the refrigerator until it curdled.
Meanwhile make a jelly of the same flavor of yogurt, with the difference that you add all the ingredients in half, example, if it says 1 cup of cold water and 1 cup hot water ... you will get half of each, which the jelly is quite concentrated.
when filling is curdled, add the jelly very carefully you don´t want to make a hole on it because the jelly is still watery. And bring back to the fridge for the curd jelly. Remove the mold carefully and vuolá your yogurt cake is done!
Bunny I want to see the picture where you have to duck tape him down. That was so funny.
Thanks for your comments, they mean a lot. I really liked the quote you gave me. I have also dealt with depression of and on since at least highschool, thankfully it's usually only one day a month that I have a hard time with life. I am also glad to hear that Jack is doing better, it's never easy when your baby hurts. Jack is lucky to have wonderful parents that care about him!
Post a Comment