So my poor baby has been dealing with horrible eczema all over his little body-- but especially his face. I wasn't going to post about it but I try and post at least every month and he is officially four months old this week. This is what the poor kid is getting to deal with this month! It looks horrible-- I know. I 've cried and cried about it because it really itches him and he cuts himself trying to itch it so we have to keep his hands covered up... you just feel so helpless watching him. Lex and Blake helped Jason give him a blessing on Sunday so we feel we are on the right path to helping him. He is still so cute even with a horrible rash and he's so sweet-- most of the time he is laughing and has a smile on his face. It is so heartbreaking though because you know he doesn't understand why he hurts. I took him to the dermatologist yesterday and so we are trying a variety of things to help him. The bad news is he wants to wipe is face constantly and put his hands in his mouth and the medicine we are using can make him sick if he ingests it so playing 24/7 dodge with his hands is a difficult task with a 4-month old. :) It was a little funny and pathetic last night watching Jason try and create a system with tape that keeps his hands free but restricted from his face because he does the most damage to his face rubbing it in the night-- Jack just kept laughing at Jason as if to say, "this is so not going to work"! It literally came to me in a dream last night to use one of those baby swaddlers-- so I'm going to go get a bigger one today! Good news is what we're doing seems to be helping... it already looks better today so I'm very grateful for the inspiration and help we've received. I respect parents who have chronically or severley ill children so much-- I'm just dealing with helping him with a rash but I can't imagine how hard it would be to see you baby severely sick all the time. So we're grateful it's something we can treat. I've seriously tried everything you can think of and have had so much advice on what to do (Aquaphor, Eucerin, Aveeno, Cetaphil, Cortizone, hypo-allergenic laundry soap, no fabric softener, etc etc) sometimes it helps so please keep it coming-- maybe there will be something I haven't tried!! Please keep my baby boy in your prayers. Love lots-- Laura
March 5, 2009
There is nothing worse than when you're baby hurts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Oh Laura, You're right! As bad as it is, it's not life threatening, well not to Jack, just to a new mom's sanity!! Did I tell you how proud I am of you? You are such a good little mommy and Jack is so lucky to have you. Yes, we will keep Jack in our prayers. We love you all!
oh bunny that is the sad but he still so cute at the same time.
jess
I had the most wonderful idea when i was reading it about jason trying to configure something. You need to get him one of those things that you put on a dog when they are nuetured to keep them from licking their insition. doesn't that sound like a great idea. I am so sorry though that sucks so bad.
Kimmi
This is going to sound crazy but I heard tart cherry juice helps it a lot. My niece has eczema and my sister tried it on her. Apparently it works. You need to buy something that isn't from concentrate through if you can find it.
I had eczema when I was younger. The only thing that cleared it up was a topical cream that my dermatologist prescribed. it was called Elidel. It is safe to use on children as well. If you go to the dermatologist, they will probably have samples you can try before you purchase the cream.
Hailey had exzema really bad when she was a newborn. My doctor prescribed her a steroid cream that I had to apply twice a day every other day. Then he also recommended I use cetaphil soap on her. I also had to rub lotion on her everyday, I used Aveeno lotion (the baby one) all of these things combined really helped her and it cleared up. We will definately keep Jack, you and Jason in our prayers, and hang in there! He is still adorable.
poor baby jack. I feel so bad. I didn't know it was that bad..it's sad that babies perfect skin has to deal with all this crazy weather changing and dirty air.
I have excema really bad on my arms and i use cetaphil, it doesn't like magically go away but it keeps the redness down and reduces a TON of it. keep doing what you're doing, it'll get better.
love ya.
ohhhh poor baby! That's so tough! He looks so cute and sweet with that little rash, but it does look like it would be so irritating. Poor little guy. I'll ask Matt if he's heard of anything to help from his med school classes that might be something you haven't already heard...:( He'll get better--I think most kids end up dealing with this at one point or another (or at least the ones I knew). Maybe he's just so advanced he's getting it out of the way! :) We'll keep you guys in our prayers.
That is so sad! He is still so darling! You guys will get through it! Just think SPRING!!!
Oh Laura... Your poor little boy, that breaks my heart. I bet you feel so helpless. I really hope he gets feeling better soon!!. It is probably consuming you right now. He is such a little doll. I will say a pray for him. He will be better before you know it.
I should make one for jack! It may take me a little while but will you give me his measurements. Or maybe, have Jessica measure Elyse's head so that I know how big Jack's head will be when I get it done and he can actually wear it. They have some really cute ones in that book for little boys.
Oh that makes me so sad! :( Jack is still super adorable. I hope he gets better soon so he can feel better. I just had a thought of how to maybe keep him from scratching himself, maybe get him (or have someone make him) an outfit that has some sort of mittens on it... that way when he sleeps he won't get scratched as badly.
Also, you guys should call the temple and have them put Jack (and you and Jason) on the temple prayer list.
is he allergic to milk?
Post a Comment