April 21, 2009

Something to think about...

Over the last couple of weeks, and especially after hearing my uncle Arch's testimony of the atonement on Easter, I have been thinking a lot about Mary.  I look at my baby boy and I think Jesus was once this small and helpless and I know that Mary loved him as much as I love Jack-- I just can't comprehend watching Jack go through even a portion of what Jesus had to go through-- in particular, him being nailed to a cross and hanging there waiting to die.  That heart ache must have been unbearable for his sweet mother.  So, when my friend Kristen sent this youtube link to me today I realized it was no accident that all of this has been on my mind.  Please watch it.  It's so tender and sweet seeing the relationship between Jesus and his sweet mother, Mary, and the song is really, really beautiful.  The below picture has always been my favorite picture of Mary and Jesus... I think it's just so tender.  I'm so grateful for Mary's faithfulness and, of course, for Jesus Christ our Savior.  It's easy for me to get busy and forget to take the time to really think of all he did for me.  I hope we can all get something from watching this.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7wEa8YTGhM



0 comments: