Our baby has most definitely turned into a little boy. He is learning and growing so quickly I almost can't keep up with writing about it. When I was pregnant with Jack Jason would always say, "I just hope he's not a boring kid that just sits around with a blank look on his face". Nothing to worry about there. Jack is quite the character... he keeps us cracking up all day long. It seems like he is saying, doing, or trying to do something new each day. A few things on the list as of today are....
He says: "Hi dad, bye dad, mom, ball, dog, uh oh, tan tu (thank you), up, dog, pease (please-- said two times), No no (said with a lot of conviction), and LOTS and LOTS of non stop jibber jabber. AND with most people learning a language, he understand much more than he can say. I can tell him to go get most things; cup, ball, horse, book, etc and he'll go get it for me. He also just learned how to give five (thanks Brie :). He also likes when I sing him songs.... his favorite is "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam" and "Popcorn Popping" he opens and closes his hands for the popcorn and he always gives me an applause at the end of each song ;).
His new found freedom has, surprisingly, not driven me crazy-- in fact I've actually loved that he can walk. With a growing tummy, my back is killing me so not having to lift him up and carry him quite so much has really been nice. One thing, however, has been a little trying... he loves to open the doors. His favorite is the bathroom, but only if someone is in there (the lock doesn't work). I think he just loves the surprised look on people's faces when he comes in, because he always has a great big smile on his face. He also loves to go to the park, he doesn't so much love the toys (though he is pretty brave and will sit, scoot up, and go down the slide all by himself), he mostly just enjoys walking everywhere! I think he's amazed by the unlimited amount of room he has so we usually just end up following him around the whole time. He also LOVES animals... especially dogs. He barks at them and with them and gets SO excited when he sees one he tries to jump out of my arms to go get them. His favorite books are the ones with animals on them. He loves for me to read their names and then do the animal sounds. He has gotten pretty good at them to. He'll do the sounds of a dog, lion, monkey, fish (smacks his lips together) and an elephant (raising his hand for the trunk and all). Oh, and whenever we turn the garbage disposal on... he'll growl at it (we didn't teach him this) it's super funny (video below).
He loves to get out my pots and pans (thanks Jason). He likes to put things in them, bang them, and carry them around. He also likes to stand on them. He seriously stands on EVERYTHING. The other day he couldn't see what I was doing on the counter so he brought a book over and stood on it... it only offered him about an inch of extra height, but i thought it was pretty clever :).
He LOVES to rough house with Jason. He plays hide and go seek... and he loves to be thrown on the bed and chased all around the house. He also loves to look for planes in the sky. Last Wednesday Jason had been outside with him and they had seen a few... so when they came back in he was telling me that he saw airplanes-- Jack then proceeded to look up and point to the sky and said (I swear-- though I can't get him to say it again) "up in da ky". WOW!
We are trying to teach him to use his fork and spoon... sometimes it works, sometimes not. Usually he just ends up holding the fork in one hand and eating with the other. He absolutely loves his crocs (shoes)! He'll go get them for us to put them on him. I think it's because he wants to go bye bye. Jason has also started having him sit in this little tiny wagon and pulling him around the house. It's so funny to see him sitting in it and dragging his feet along the floor.
His most favorite thing these days is bringing us book after book to read to him. Sometimes he'll just end up sitting (or standing) in the basket of books, but usually he empties it out by bringing each one to us :).
He is SUPER loving. He'll come over and give us lots of kisses and hugs. So sweet. He usually snickers after like he knows he's done something he didn't have to do. I think next to us (and actually sometimes equal to us) this boy LOVES his blanket!!!! He gets so happy to see it and hold and snuggle it. The other day Jason went in his room and he was standing next to his crib, his hand through the slats, holding his blanket with one hand and his thumb in his mouth.
One last thing... when we found out we were having a boy Jason said that the first toy he was going to buy Jack was a basketball hoop. That didn't happen for over a year, but the other night we were at Walmart and there was a little tiny basket ball hoop. Jason was so excited to finally get it for him. Jack loves it. We have to pull it down a little so he can reach it, but he'll put the ball in the basket. When he and Jason are playing he'll say "OWWW" (video below) when Jason throws the rubber ball at him and it hits his head or tummy and then he'll grab the spot where he was hit(the balls really soft and light, I promise).
Anyway, there are few things that our boy is doing these days. We're proud parents, can ya tell :). We just enjoy him so much and I love to have him with me...he's like my little buddy that goes and runs all my errands with me. I've sort of been struggling with the thought of sharing my time with him...makes me feel a little guilty :(. I sure hope he likes this little girl. More to come soon...
Much love!
Laura
Cheese!!!!
Sitting in his basket of books
"All aboard"!
Loves his blankie!!!
Learning to use his fork
Play time!
Standing on my pots :/
Finally.... a basketball hoop!
AND.....me at 25 weeks (I'm 27 now)! I'm so much bigger with this baby :/.
4 comments:
Cute laur!! We miss you guys!!
Jack is adorable! He seriously is darling! I love the growling at the disposal. PRICELESS! I only wish he and Zealand could play together. They would have a blast. Jack reminds me of him a bit. Take care and keep giving him LOTs of XOXOX's.
Love, Zara
These are the cutest stories! Come move to CT so our kids can be close! :) I love the growling. I think I'm going to start doing that myself. Jack is so cute. And you are so darling when pregnant. If I looked that cute, I'd stay pregnant all the time! :)
You are full of it!!!! You told me how big you've gotten and you are TINY!
Love the Jack stories, I miss him terribly.
Post a Comment