May 26, 2011

Quarantine!

So a week or so after we got home from Disneyland Jack started coughing. It was just a dry cough, though, and he didn't seem at all sick, or phased by it, so I wasn't concerned. One night, during a coughing spell, Jason said that he thought we should have him tested for whooping cough! Whooping cough?! He's been vaccinated! But, I decided better safe than sorry. The doctor thought I was nuts, but kindly had the test done anyway. A week later, I get a phone call from this same doctor and she says, flabbergasted, I can't believe it, but he DOES have pertusis! Well, of course, Reese had it by this time, and come to find out, our cousin, Elle, who was also at Disneyland with us, but lives in Utah, caught it, too! So.... my conclusion that Disneyland is NOT the happiest place on earth remains true.
after the whooping cough Jack had tonsillitis, pink eye, and some other eye infection. I had tonsillitis (I don't even have my tonsils!), and pink eye, and Jason got pink eye. I told everyone that they should just a big "Quarantine" sign in our yard and everyone stay away! I'm pleased to say that we are all better, for now... hurry someone please knock on wood!

1 comments:

Matt Miller said...

glad everyone is better! no fun! one day you'll probably laugh at this craziness, though!