August 26, 2011

Stuff...

So things go missing around here... a lot... (i.e. found my wedding ring after MONTHS of looking, underneath our bed, wrapped in a sock!!!)...

I am the Primary Secretary, a thumb drive was passed down to me from the previous secretary that was passed down to her from the secretary before that and the secretary before that...meaning there is A LOT of information on this little bad boy and HOURS, more like DAYS of work would be lost in the instance that IT was lost.... well... it was lost and I (having not put any of it on our computer like a smart person) was freaking out a bit... ok a lot. So after looking for a few days I was about to tear our room apart and do some major searching. Right before this began, Jack walks in and I think to myself, hey... why not ask the two-year old who doesn't remember where he puts his sippy cup two minutes after I give it to him. The conversation went something like this:

Me: "Jack, there was a little red thingy sitting here on mommy's night stand and it goes in my computer, have you seen it?"
Jack: "No".
Me: Figures
Jack: (as I'm walking out of the room) "Hey mom, I put it in here" he says while pointing to a hole on the back, side of my night stand"
Me: Uh huh-- but, decide to humor him and begin to look and, surprise, find nothing, but decide to look one last time. Reaching into the dark abyss... feeling around...what do I come across??? NO! It can not be!! BUT... wait... IT IS! It is my little red thumb drive!

I begin to scream and jump up and down at which point Reese begins to cry and Jack stands really still with his eyes wide, not sure if I'm really, really mad or really, really happy... I bend down and hug him and hug him and say, "Jack! Oh my gosh, thank you thank you!!! You FOUND it! You REMEMBERED!!!!!!"

Jack: Ya!!! You wetomm!

Lesson learned: Don't leave anything of value or importance anywhere that is visible AND do NOT underestimate the memory of a two-year old!



On Sunday, Jason asked Jack to pick a book to take to church and so he picked his book about Jesus (awww sweet). We get to church, Jack (who won't take off his sunglasses-- sidenote), has his book in hand, says, "Where is Jesus? I brought this for him!" Hmmmm how to explain "there in spirit"? :)

Splash Pads... most kids run around... Reese runs through and on top of.

Children's Museum with some friends.
They play so cute together now.
Brush, brush, brush!
Aww Reese she sure is a daddy's girl!


Anytime Jason has the kids, by himself, I never know what I will find when I come home.... here are a few examples:
Reese would hand one head band after the other after the other to Jason to put on here... here is the finished product.

No words...

Here is Reese sitting not only ON TOP of my, very high kitchen table... no, no... that wasn't quite high enough... but she has perched herself on top of the pizza box sitting on the kitchen table. I still have NO idea how she got up there!!!!!

3 comments:

ed and brooke said...

I love this! Reese is into everything these days. So funny that she was on the pizza box on the table. Where did you get Jack's sunglasses? Have you seen some of the sunglasses for kids? so bad. We desperately need a pair for Esley that doesn't have animation on them.

Matt Miller said...

hhahahaha...looove my reese and jack. tooo funny! love that they found your thumb drive!

Matt Miller said...

and i think ja might be onto something with those stylish 'dos