August 22, 2011

Trip to Utah

Ahhh summer time in Utah... makes me want to go back...now! However, when we go back for Christmas, I may rethink that. I spent all of July in Utah. Jason was there for part of the trip, but had to come back to AZ for 10 days to work-- conveniently--Reese got really sick while he was gone and so it was quite miserable! HOWEVER, we did have a great time, the other 20 days. We spent the 4th up at my Grandparent's property, per tradition. We spent a lot of time with cousin's, went swimming, to the 24th of July parade downtown, to the park, and we even got to see Grandpa Miller while he was there visiting. The girl's got to go on their annual Girl's sleepover to Park City and then the guys came up with the kid's the next day and we went on the Alpine Slide and had caramel apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory...YUM!

It was a great trip and is always hard to come home, but it is nice not living out of suitcases and to be back to some routine again. Next year, at this time, we will be living where we are going to be living, permanently. Where will that be??? Stay tuned!


This picture I like to call Potty Training while traveling=bringing along a potty and stopping when you have too.


HAPPY 4th of July!!!!!
Jack and Braxton in their matching outfits.
Aunt Caroline
Watching the Malad "Parade" ;)

Camping... I hate to camp, but we rented a sweet trailer and Jess, Jay and kids, Blake and Braxton and Jason, me and kids all slept in there.

My poor Grandma has been really sick, so I took advantage of getting this picture with she and Reese and I.
Reese had a blast getting dirty. Jack on the other hand, wanted me to clean his feet and hands constantly; not Reese, the dirtier, the better! At one point she was digging in the mud and, yup... you guessed it... eating it.
Watching Malad Idol (I'll pause for the laughter). Elle and Lindsay performed in it and were the best part of the show!
Jack and Braxton sleeping in the trailer



Girl's Night-- WHOOT WHOOT!!!!!!!
I had just had Reese, screaming and crying, for ten days, by myself... can you tell I'm a little excited to get away!?
Eating at Zoom!
The guys and kids joined us.

-----------------------------------------------------
Reese at my mom's

We went up the canyon, one night, and had smore's and tin foil dinners... yum!
Man we are sure lucky girls to land these charmers... lol.

Jack made a new friend, Sophie (our friend's Jeff and Bobbie's little girl).
Me with my sister and Dad enjoying some yummy food after going to the temple with my cousin Clay.

The 24th of July Parade.

Flying a kite!
Playing around with a new app on my phone...
Jack in Pa's peddle car.

Jack LOVED Braxton's truck!
Jason, Blake and Jay-- they keep each other cracking up...they are buddies.
Me and Bunny
Libby loved to sleep with Jack and he would have loved that, had he been awake. She'd usually sneek away when he'd wake up.
I had to put this one in, because, Reese has pretty much taught herself everything. With the first you are so eager for them to get to the next step, and you take so much time to teach them every little thing; with the second you sort of forget when that is supposed to be.
She was grunting and freaking out one morning and finally I realized it was because
she wanted to use a fork, like Jack. She was completely happy after I gave it to her and began stabbing her food like a pro.
This is Jack and Reese's cute cousin Peyton and their Uncle BJ. We got to see their family a couple of times while visiting, too.
We were able to go to the Sandy Expo center and see the 24th floats. It was so fun; you got to judge them and they had candy, balloon animals, and face painting... for, best part, FREE! Jack was a pirate!

My dad and I went to visit McKenna at BYU (boo!) They do have some amazing ice cream, though, I'll give them that!
Jack was SOOOOO excited to see Cambria and Elle, who were staying with Kenna, at her dorm, for the weekend.


Happy 28 Jason!!!! He flew back to Utah the afternoon of his birthday, so we went to Red Iguana and celebrated with the kids later on. He got some very manly Bear Grylls survival gear.
Jack "gave" him a squirt gun (or "spirt dun"). Jack LOVED it. It is now Jack's.
Celebrating at Baja Cantina with my extended family.


The End!

1 comments:

Matt Miller said...

Wow. That looks so fun. Love all the pictures! What a cute family!