July 15, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

It's late but Happy 4th!!  We went up to my Grandparents property in Idaho to celebrate the 4th.  I have such great memories of that place growing up and so it was fun to take Jack there.  He and Braxton are so funny together.... Brax is the happiest little boy and he just smiles and smiles at Jack and looks like he just wants to say, "Please play with me!!".  Jack, on the other hand, is still really happy but sort of aloof... like he could take it or leave it.  Sorry Brax, one day soon he'll be begging me to play with you.  Also, there is a video of Elle doing this elephant sound to Jack that made him laugh the hardest I've ever seen him laugh.  He would laugh so hard he'd fall over.  It was so funny.  She really gets the babies smiling!  

I want to mention how grateful I am to live in this country and for all of the freedoms we enjoy.  We are so blessed.  Thanks to all of those past and present who make so many sacrifices to keep that freedom going.  

Jack's first camping trip! (well sleeping in a trailer... that's my king of camping).
It was so fun having my cousin McKenna here from Cali.  Yummy s'mores!
I treasure this picture... this is Jack's great-Grandma.  He really loved her.  He'd reach out to her and he doesn't really do that!! :)
Jack and Brax... waiting for the fireworks to start.
Happy 4th!  Our little family watching the "parade" ;)





3 comments:

Trevor-Jessica Summerhays said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trevor-Jessica Summerhays said...

Oh so fun! The photos are so great. Jack is getting so big. I love the video; Jack is so cute when he laughs and then tips over!!!

Fun Fantastic Family said...

oh bunny thats so funny. Jack was laughing so hard he fell over...lol How fun I wish I could have come (well not really but it nice to think lol) I cant wait until tomorrow. Yay